Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cautious by E.L. Montes (Disastrous Series #2)


Cautious picked up exactly where Disastrous ended. 

I thought Disastrous was good. But Cautious was SO MUCH MORE BETTER. There was action. There was drama. There was sex. There was humour. There was love. There was tears. There was definitely a couple of swoon-worthy moments too.

"I had this feeling deep down that I couldn’t live without her. When you finally find a person who makes you feel alive, how could you possibly breathe if she were gone? I knew I couldn’t."


Marcus and Mia share a LOVE stronger than others, but their relationship was built on LIES and deceit.Cautiously, they continue to struggle for what they desire more than anything, each other. Though, that comes with a price … one that involves more HEARTBREAK and deception. Can they survive another disastrous path? Is their love strong enough to defeat all the obstacles, all of the BETRAYAL?Not all broken relationships are repairable, but Marcus and Mia try their hardest to fight for themselves and for each other.


"No more secrets or lies."


It was probably a bad idea to read this book at 1AM in the morning cause I could not help but feel all the emotions along with Mia and Marcus. I felt the pain, the hurt, the joy. I simply could not put the book down and sleep, not knowing what happens next. E.L. Montes definitely did a great job with the writing! I have not felt this immerse in a book in a while and there may or may not be some tears shed by me (view spoiler)

I love that this book is alternating between Mia and Marcus' point of views. Getting into Marcus' head and getting able to feel how he feels about Mia makes me fall in love with him even more!

“I can't promise you that life won’t try to take a stab at you, that you won’t run through a few obstacles, and that you won’t feel like quitting at times. But I can promise you that, with each stab, I’ll be there to heal the wound. With each obstacle, I'll be running right beside you. And every time you fall, I’ll be right there to pick you up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment