Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking back at 2013.

It's that time of the year folks! End of another roller coaster of a year and time to make some resolutions. Whether we keep them or not, let's see at the end of 2014! HAHAHA.

2013 passed by super fast didn't it? I feel like it was just yesterday when we welcomed 2013. Well, technically, I didn't exactly welcome 2013. I was asleep by the time it hit midnight, which if I have no plans again, I would be doing the same thing to welcome 2014! Hahahahaha.

2013 has been mostly pleasant for me. I don't remember anything at the top of my head of something major bad that happened this year, so thats good! 

Let's see all the things that I am grateful and thankful for in 2013…


Firstly, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communications) from Curtin University. Click here for my graduation post.





I also got my very first full-time job! Which ,of course, meant that I had to start giving out green packets for raya! Felt like an adult for the first time. :(


Which led me to meet some awesome people who I can call friends and not just colleagues. Even though the work sucks, these people never fail to make work more tolerable and for that, I'm grateful.




I also turned 21 this year! Threw a party and I was genuinely surprised at the amount of people who actually took the time to come and celebrate it with me! So touched la…
LOVED MY BIRTHDAY CAKE! Seriously my dream birthday cake!!! 








Went to Bangkok for some lots of shopping with my baby girl! Seriously shopped till we dropped man!


Ladyboyssssssss!~

Ooooh! And the day when me, Shaistah & Mastu were going to Fatin's grad show to support her and we managed to see DAVID BECKHAM at MBS!!! 

God did good with this one!!!
When I finally took the plunge and cut my hair short! It's been…about two years or more since I last cut my hair THAT short? I ended up loving it though and planning to keep it at this length for a while!


Who can forget when a guy hit Jazzy and then ran? I ended up chasing after him, partly due to the shock and adrenaline rush, I think. But of course, I didn't managed to get him. I mean, dude was driving a merc or bmw sia! Thank god Huzzy and Zee were there with me too. Or I would have freaked out! Poor Jazzy though. *sob*sob*




Mumsie turned the big 5-0!!! Again, words cannot describe how thankful I am to Allah for making my mum better and letting me spend more time with my mum! I don't know what I would do without her!





And so happy that I got to gift her a present from my own money for the first time! :D


The staycations that I had with families. Okay la. Only 2 staycations. But that's 2 more than in 2012! Hahahaha.

Park Royal @ Pickering!

Capella Singapore! 

GERAMMMMMMMMMM!!! So cute for what Baby Maya!!! 

Her infamous pout!
Krabi trip with my ladies!! We bonded and ate and ogled at the angmohs like crazy! HAHAHA. Another holiday soon please girls? 

Idayu, Zurah, Huzzy and me before flying off! 
Pool all to ourselves! 



Went island-hopping! 
The infamous Nutella Banana Pancake which we had everyday!

With Poo! The villa person who treated us like the princess that we are! LOL.
Irawan House, where we stayed. SO staying there again whenever I come back! 





We obviously did not want to go home!

Managed to lose 35kg this year! Started my journey at around December 2012 and even though I have not reached my goal weight yet, I never once thought I could ever weigh less than 80kg! One of my biggest achievements to date!!! Click here to read about my weight loss journey.




I love that I'm still keeping in touch with my secondary school friends and meeting up once in a while!








My krepot friends who never fails to make me laugh like crazy and whom every time when I go out with, my mum will always say "Ah! Come home late la tu! Confirm!" and we do! Always ended up going home after midnight! HAHAHA. 
















Sure, I've lost some friends along the way this year but I've also gained some new ones. You win some, you gain some, I guess. To me, as long as you make the effort to meet me despite your busy schedules or even just a text means the world to me. So here's the rest of my other friends who still make time to meet up with me, even though they are busy with school/work. Even if it's once or twice a year! Lol.



15 years of friendship and counting!!! 
















And of course, lastly, all the time I spent with my family this year. I am so so so thankful to have an amazing big family and I appreciate every single time I get to spend with them! I'm always surrounded with chaos and love!
























So yeap, I was right. 2013 was a pretty damn good year. Looking through all these photos brings back such good memories. I am thankful for everything that happened this year and am so looking forward to 2014. 

Saw this article on Facebook and thought it's appropriate. 

WELLNESSMACKENZIE NEWCOMB • DEC 27, 2:22PM

New Year’s Eve is often seen as a time of rebirth, the chance to start anew. We all come up with the regular resolutions for the upcoming year (losing weight, seeing family more often and/or falling in love), but often our ideas of what should change are too broad. This New Year’s Eve, we should all vow to take a closer look into our lives and make decisions about ourselves then. These are the 25 New Year’s resolutions every person should make:

1.Stop posting negative sh*t about celebrities on social media. Miley Cyrus does not care what you think about her haircut, Justin Bieber does not care what you think of his tattoos and Gwyneth Paltrow couldn’t care less regarding what you think about her diet.

2. Stop resenting yourself for drunk texting your ex. Sure, its a little embarrassing, but at least you’re addressing your feelings. Not that you should aim to drink an entire bottle of rum then see what happens, but… roll with the punches.

3. Leave the country. If you don’t have money, look into doing charity work abroad. Some programs will sponsor you.

4. If you hate your job, quit your job. Repeat after me: THE MONEY IS NOT WORTH IT. Food and shelter are clutch though, so make sure you have another job lined up.

5. Stop beating yourself up for skipping the gym on days you truly didn’t have time. But also, stop skipping the gym on days you had plenty of time to go.

6. Make up — not to be confused with make out — with an ex.

7. Rid yourself of enemies. Apologize for what you did wrong and forgive those who have wronged you.

8. Rid yourself of “frenemies”. Don’t spend 2014 surrounded by people you secretly despise.

9. If you think somebody is cute, say “hi” and introduce yourself. Every relationship you have ever had started with a greeting.

10. Leave your phone number for someone. Worst-case scenario: you won’t get a call and maybe you’ll feel a tiny bit embarrassed. Regardless of the outcome, you put yourself out there and probably made the other person’s day.

11. Stop caring about how many people “like” your Instagram photos. If you like the photo enough to post it, what else matters? Social media anxiety is a waste of time.

12. Cross something off your bucket list. Sky dive, bungee jump, scuba dive, etc. Don’t make excuses as to why you can’t accomplish something, and check out

13. Stop hating yourself for eating dessert. A piece of birthday cake is a right, not a privilege.

14. Keep a journal. It doesn’t have to be something you use daily, but documenting your experiences is incredibly important. You’ll appreciate it later.

15. Strengthen relationships with family members. Blood is thicker than water.

16. Help strangers. “Pay it forward,” do good things for the world — and don’t post a Facebook status about it.

17. Conquer a fear. Personally, I fear Bikram yoga.

18. Turn off your smartphone at dinner.

19. Don’t check your Twitter feed when you’re with friends.

20. Try a fashion trend you never thought you could pull off. And, do it with confidence. Floppy hats, snap backs, Harem pants; you can do it!

21. Double-text without fear. THOU SHALL NOT BE IGNORED!

22. Shop locally, eat locally and recognize where your money is going. Consumers control the economy, so visit the mom-and-pop coffee shop down the street instead of Starbucks. Shop at boutiques rather than chains (they aren’t all expensive — trust me). Try Etsy.com instead of retail conglomerates.

23. Cry. When you’re happy and when you’re sad; embrace your emotions as they come.

24. Stop being so shallow. Next time you find yourself judging someone based on his or her appearance, imagine the person standing in front of you saying, “I’m beautiful.” You’ll start to believe it.

25. If you want someone to commit to you, vocalize it. Don’t settle for being someone’s “fuck buddy” if that isn’t what you want. “Together” is the waiting period between “talking” and “dating”; purgatory shouldn’t last forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 wasn't the best year for me. I lost a love that I thought was forever, gained tons of weight and I did not lead my life the way I wanted to. 2013 was when everything got better, wayyyyy better. I finally got over that love, looking better than I've ever been and I not only live my life but also spent more time with my friends! My life is full of love this year! Who knew my life would be the way it is right now? Alhamdulilah.

So 2013 was all about losing the weight and figuring out and starting my life as an adult. For 2014, hopefully, it will be about finding myself, getting a new job that I actually like, being comfortable by myself and enjoying my freedom & youth. No more boys and heartbreaks and whatnots. I intend to travel and see the world, create new memories with my friends and family and do all that I love or things that I've always been afraid to do. 2014 will be the year that I conquer my fears and achieve my dreams! No more looking back!

I'll be 22 in 3 months (SO OLDDDDDDD!!!) and like Taylor Swift said 22 is when you're "happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time!" And I intend to fully explore myself and enjoy my life. I mean, YOLO! Hahahaha. 

So here's to another great year in 2014.

Happy new year, my dear readers! Let's kick 2013 aside and start 2014 with a whole lot of attitude! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment