Friday, February 14, 2014

Calmly, Carefully, Completely by Tammy Falkner (The Reed Brothers Series)

She’s been locked upeven longer than he has.  

Peter Reed is fresh out of jail, fresh out of excuses, and ready for a brand new start. 

Reagan Caster needs to thank Pete for an act of kindness, but he wants more than just her thanks.  

Reagan knows how to protect her body, but not her heart. And her traitorous body responds to Pete in a way it hasn't with anyone else.When Pete's innocent flirtation becomes more, Reagan's ready to accept what he has to offer.  

Pete assumes Reagan needs to be loved carefully and calmly.  

But Reagan knows she needs to be loved completely.   

Can he give her what she needs? 

The 3rd book is about the youngest of the Reeds, Pete!
The book starts three years after the end of the 2nd book. 

Pete is finally out after getting himself in trouble (2nd book has some details) and he is looking to start afresh. He was nervous before being released as he did not know what to expect from his family. 

Will they still love him? Or will they kick him to the curb?

Of course, from the 1st and 2nd book, you learn pretty quickly that the brothers are tight. Nothing could separate them sos it was heartwarming to see them welcoming Pete home!

Paul and Matt is just so adorably hilarious. The conversations they have with their brothers always either make me swoon or laugh!
“You need a lesson on the birds and the bees?” Paul asks. “You put tab A into slot B.” He makes a crude gesture with his fingers. “Or tab A into slot C.” He grins. “Or tab A into slot D. But some girls don’t like that, so don’t start there. You might even save that for a birthday or a special occasion. Yours. Not hers.”


I cannot wait for the books on them! Oh, what I would do to have big brothers like them!!!

Reagan is a girl with a shattered past. At the time when she needed help, Pete had rescued her. But she never managed to thank him properly. So when she heard about Pete being in trouble, she got her lawyer dad to help him secretly. 

When Pete was finally released, he was asked to help out at a camp for kids with disabilities and juveniles. There, he met Reagan again and both can't deny their attraction for each other. As Reagan struggle with her past, Pete struggles with starting his life anew.

Reagan and Pete's love was different than Emily and Logan. Theirs was more young and careful, especially for Reagan. I love how the author write about Reagan's struggles and yet at the same time, doesn't make her look weak.

There were a couple of moments when I went "Awwwwww!"
"When I finally kiss you, it's going to be because you want to kiss me, Pete, the man, the one who looks at you with wonder in his eyes, the one who is so fucking scared of these brand-new feelings for you that he sometimes can't breathe, the one who is dying to taste you. I have thought about you almost every day since I met you, princess, and I don't want to get you off my mind. But when I kiss you it's going to be because you have a thing for me that's as big as the thing I have for you."

All these Reed brothers will be the death of me!!! How can all of them be so sweet?! Sigh…

I absolutely cannot wait for more of the Reeds. I simply can't get enough! Tammy Falkner needs to hurry the hell up on this series!!!


"Because I want you, Regan. I want every piece of you."


"Even the shattered pieces?" she asks.

"I'll be the glue that puts you back together," 

No comments:

Post a Comment