Friday, February 14, 2014

Smart, Sexy and Secretive by Tammy Falkner (The Reed Brothers Series)

"Emily 

I'm back in New York, ready to start my brand new life with Logan. Things are still up in the air between us, and it has been three months since I've even talked to him. But there's one thing I'm certain of -- I can't live without him.  

Logan 

I need her like I need air. But now she's back, and her dad and her ex-boyfriend are conspiring to keep us apart. We can do this, though. Can't we? We can make this work? We have to, because I can't imagine my life without her."

FYI, Kit and Emily are the same person. In the 1st book, she uses the name Kit as part of her secret. It was revealed at the end that her real name is Emily. 

The 2nd book is the continuation of Logan and Emily's story. It picks up three months after the 1st book when Emily came back to New York and reuniting with Logan.
"New York is where my heart is. It’s where Logan is."

It's pretty obvious that Logan and Emily are very much in love with each other. As they pick up where they left three months ago, enter Emily's snobbish dad and arrogant jerk of an ex-boyfriend, Trip.

I CANNOT STAND TRIP. Absolutely HATE HATE HATE him!


How in the world could a father want that kind of man to marry his daughter is beyond me! But then again, her dad was kind of a jerk as well. So…



Emily had taken a couple of sign language lessons back home so that she can communicate better with Logan. That just warms my heart SO MUCH!!! She actually took the effort to learn just to be able to communicate with him. 

With an ex-fiance and her dad wanting to break them up, Emily and Logan must withstand the challenges thrown at them even stronger now.

Personally, I feel that this 2nd book is quite redundant as I think it could all fit into one book. But hey, an extra book means more of the Reed Brothers, so I ain't complaining!
"I decide then and there that I will change her life and I will do it simply by loving her exactly the way she is. It's not as though I could keep from doing that anyway."


No comments:

Post a Comment