Thursday, August 21, 2014

Weight loss - UPDATE

Guess who didn't exercise AT ALL for the whole month of Ramadan?


Yes. ME

I probably did the kinect like twice throughout the whole month. Gave myself all sorts of excuses not to work out. It was definitely a good rest, I must admit. 

At the end of the first week of raya, I had gained...... 3KG!


Oh. I'm not freaking out. I mean, it's okay right? It was to be expected anyway. 1 whole month of good food and yet, not exercising. I should have known better. Right?


HELL TO THE NO.

I am NOT okay with it! And yet, there I am, eating Ketupat, Rendang, Ayam Masak Merah and many more delicious Hari Raya goodies....


It was so damn hard to get back to my gym routine. Having to wake up at 7 in the morning, only to go and sweat it out. Sigh. Definitely was not easy to start it back up. But thanks to my lovely mother who told me that I have gained weight, it motivated me to get my ass off my bed early in the morning!

See? Sometimes haters help! (not saying my mum is a hater but comments like "kau dah gemuk balek tau Ain." definitely help!) 

So I am back to my regular routine and seeing all the gym people that I see 3 times a week again. 

Even then, I still ate like there's no tomorrow sometimes. After eating nowaday, I want desserts. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with me?! I have been able to finish my food now when I used to only eat half of whatever is on my plate. 

I blame love. You know how people always gain weight when they're happily in love? Yeah. I think I'm going through that. Even told Z early on in our relationship that if I ever gain weight, I'm gonna have to break up with him. Cause obviously, I can't be in love without gaining weight. 

Of course, when I told Z, I was laughing. 


But he was definitely not.


Anyway.

I've started to focus more on my flabs. Been carrying weights and trying to make my flabby arms go away. I'm at a point in my weightloss journey right now where the number on the scale is not that important anymore. I want to shape up now. 

So throughout the shaping up, muscles will (hopefully!) be built. Thus, I may gain weight as muscles are heavier than fats. So even though it really pisses me off that I've steered off course for a month. I'm glad to be back to my usual routine. 

People always say the last few kgs are the hardest to lose and boy, are they right! So damn right! I've been dealing with the last 10kg for about 4-5 months now and I'm still at the same weight!


Such a frustrating process! But it's okay. Patience is a virtue. I mean, I've already loss 30+kg. I'm so close to the finish line. It's better to keep on going then give up entirely!

And I am definitely NOT going back to this!


I'm even thinking about signing up for a zumba or kickboxing class. I'm more free now since I started working or my dad and also, since ActiveSG gave $100 rebate free that you can use to either sign up for gym, use the swimming pools or sign up for classes. Why not make full use of it right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment