Friday, April 4, 2014

Weight Gain.

April is here already? Where did the time go? We're almost halfway through 2014!!


Why do time move so fast? I've already been 22 for a month, and yes, I still do feel old!!! I'm not over it yet.

Before you know it, Ramadan is gonna be here again (Which reminds me I need to start paying back my fast from last year!) and then BAM! It's suddenly Christmas! 

Time. You need to chill and SLOW THE EFF DOWN. 


Anyways…

GUESS WHAT?!

I'VE. GAINED. WEIGHT. 


I had gained freaking TWO KG.

As if 1kg wasn't enough, my body decided to gained 2 instead!!!!!!! 

Throughout my whole journey, I have never gained this much weight! The most I've ever gained was 0.5KG, not even 1KG!! So can you imagine to my horror that the weighing scale read 77KG instead of 75KG?!?!

I was so so so depressed and upset. I complained to whoever that would listen. Poor Jan, my colleague, who got the most brunt out of it cause she was sitting beside me the whole day! 

On the way to work, all I could think of was, "HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPENED?!" And when I reached the office, I saw my supervisor and immediately went to her to ask for advice cause she's very healthy and is very knowledgable in all these. 

She explained it could be that since I now have started to go to the gym and carrying weights, my body is building muscle mass and of course, muscles are heavier. Thus, the weight gain. She told me not to worry cause my body definitely looked more toned now than before. So that just proves that the weight gain is muscles, not fats and THAT IS OKAY. That shows you're doing the healthy and right way. So when the muscles are all settled in, the weight will decrease naturally.


Felt a WHOLE LOT better after talking to her but I still couldn't help but to be upset so I texted Nadiah and told her that I've gained weight and she too said the same thing about how the fats are turning to muscles and thus, weight gain!

Even Jan told me the same thing.

That day, I felt superbly upset and couldn't shake the feelings off. But now, it's been 3 days and I'm okay with it. The fact that its muscles and not fats make it easier to accept. 

I understand that the number on the scale is not everything and it's more of how and what I'm doing to achieve a healthier me. So fine. 2KG is okay. But you bet I'm running a lot more and eating healthier, trying to get to that damn 70KG!


And here's a comparison of… well, me, over the past 2 years, in the same dress!


I know July 2013 and April 2014 does not have much difference but my whole body do look a little bit smaller and my face definitely looks smaller! 

This is why I think a lot of people have trouble losing weight. They want to see immediate results. But trust me, other than a liposuction, there is NO IMMEDIATE RESULTS. You have to work hard and lose the weight SLOWLY. You will lose the weight if you just keep going and not give up! Sometimes, you will not even realise that you've lost the weight till you look at your old photos. That's what happened to me! I never realised how fat I was and how much weight I've lost till I put before/after pictures!

There are bumps on every road but just remember not to steer off the road and stay on course. Cause starting over is a pain in the ass!


And if you're not motivated still to workout, let this kid tell you something…


No comments:

Post a Comment