Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover


At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.
Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

Where do I even begin about this book?!

Colleen Hoover quickly became my new favourite author after I read HOPELESS. Then I read the SLAMMED series by her too and I was just blown away. HOPELESS is and I think would always be one of my absolute favourite book ever! 

I was so looking forward to MAYBE SOMEDAY. I juts knew that the book is gonna be as great as all her other books. AND IT WAS! As usual, Colleen Hoover did not disappoint!!!

MAYBE SOMEDAY is probably one of the fastest book that I've ever read. I just couldn't out down the book. It was killing me not knowing what is going to happen next! I think I ended up finishing the book in less than 24 hours combined. 

INSANE!!!


Words cannot describe how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the book!!!

All the feelings that I got reading it. The "awwws", the "Whaaaaaaat?", the "NO WAY!!!" and all the heart-wrenching moments. Ahhhh! So many feels!!!


And it came with its own soundtrack. Yes, SOUNDTRACK. Eight original songs written and sang by Griffin Peterson. 


The songs are fitted perfectly to the different scenes. This is such a BRILLIANT idea cause it totally enhances the reading experience! All the feelings multiplied, especially when you're listening to a song and imagining the current scene. AHHHH. GENIUS!!!

Fun Fact: Griffin Peterson is also the guy who is on the cover of LOSING HOPE, the male POV of HOPELESS!

His voice….*melts* and he's really good-looking too!

My favourite song out of the whole soundtrack is definitely "I'm In Trouble". It was on repeat for a few days! :-p


The book is written from both Ridge and Sydney's POV.

So Sydney Blake has been secretly listening to her neighbour, Ridge Lawson, on the balcony playing his guitar every night. She started to be really into the songs that she create her own lyrics to the tunes. Ridge was having a writer's block so he made her sent the lyrics to him and it was really good!

Sydney caught her boyfriend and best friend sleeping with each other on her BIRTHDAY. Yeah. That bitch and bastard!


So she punches both of them and left. 

She was left homeless and Ridge took her in. Reluctantly, she agreed and also agreed to continue writing lyrics with him for his band, Sounds Of Cedar. 

And of course, slowly, they get attracted to each other. 

“I know we shouldn't be putting ourselves into a situation we're only going to regret once it's over.” 

“The more I open up to him, the more I need him. The more I admit to myself that I need him, the most it hurts to know that I still don't exactly have him.” 

The thing is, Ridge has a girlfriend and I WISH the girlfriend was a bitch so it would make it easier for Ridge to just dump her and go with Sydney. But noooooooo! Colleen Hoover had to make us all feel torn. 

Ridge's girlfriend, Maggie, is a really nice, sweet girl and Ridge absolutely adores and loves her so much. This is where I got so frustrated and torn for Ridge.

“There's no other way to describe how I feel. I know that the way I think about her and feel about her is wrong, but I struggle so much with how right it feels when I'm with her.” 

He obviously loves Maggie a lot but at the same time, he's also having feelings for Sydney, feelings that he never knew could exist in him. They tried, they really did try to stay away from each other.

“We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most. People try to bottle up their emotions, as if it's somehow wrong to have natural reactions to life.” 

For the first time, while reading a book, I didn't know if I could choose which girl the hero should pick. I was seriously torn. I feel that Ridge should go with Sydney, cause it is their story after all. But at the same time, Maggie does not deserve that at all. 


WHY COULDN'T MAGGIE HAVE BEEN A BITCH?!

Throughout the book, there are some surprises and twists. So it will definitely keep you on the edge. Don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

But seriously, this is a MUST-READ book! Trust me. You will not regret picking this book up and reading it. 

“How ever, I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts.” 

I don't think there's any scenes in this book that I hate but I especially love when Ridge and Sydney are writing songs together. That moment seem so special and intimate. Plus, the fact that you can listen to the songs, it just makes it a whole lot…..


“For her I bend, for you I break.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment