Friday, May 30, 2014

Cupid struck me.


I've been single for quite a while now. Almost 2 years, in fact, this June would be 2 years. And honestly, it has been the best 2 years of my life. 

Sure, at first, it was horrible. I didn't know how to be alone anymore. I was so lonely almost all the time.

I spent almost 3 years of my life with a guy who treated me like crap, though at that time, I didn't see it that way. I thought he was great and funny and nice. Probably cause  he was my first boyfriend so I didn't have any expectations and I guess, a part of me, somewhere deep down, I didn't want to let go cause I was scared that no one could ever love me. 

I mean, come on! I'm not pretty or skinny or have a spectacular personality. I'm just a regular, normal girl. I'm nothing special.

Besides, I thought that is exactly how love/relationship is supposed to be. 

Boy, was I wrong!

It took him cheating on me THREE times before I woke up and realised that that is not how a relationship is supposed to be and if he really did love me, he wouldn't have cheated on me. Period. 

All the signs were there. The bells were definitely ringing in my head, warning me but did I listen? 


Which boyfriend would not even let his own girlfriend TOUCH his handphone? Which guy would say that contacting other girls on FB is not considered cheating as long as he doesn't meet them?

Plus, because of him, I lost touch with a lot of my friends (which luckily, I've reconnected with again now!). He also restricted me from doing A LOT of things. I can't wear whatever I want, I can't hang out with my friends, I can't go overseas. 

Now that I think about all these...


How dumb could I have been?!

Anyway, the day I got rid of him, I focused on myself. I wanted to find who I am again. I wanted to just be me. 

I chose to start losing weight. I chose to get in touch with my friends again. I chose to go home as late as I want. I chose to do whatever I want. It was exhilarating! I don't have to answer to anyone else other than my parents. 

It was basically a detox. A detox from everything bad. I got rid of all the toxics in my life!

And that's why these past 2 years have been the happiest time of my life so far. I liked being single. I was finally at peace with myself. I was genuinely happy.


Besides, at the point in my life, I felt like I didn't need a guy. I have wonderful parents, amazing friends, a job (though I hate it!) and my youth! LOL.


And I was really starting to think that true love doesn't exists anymore and it only happens in the romance novels that I read.

Then 2 months ago, something unexpected happened. 

Cupid hit me with it's arrow.


I "met" Zul.

Why "met"? Cause I got to know him online. 

I'm a research writer right, so I was doing some research on dating for Talkabout and my head research writer asked me to sign up for all these dating websites and download the dating apps and try them out as well. 

So I did. I downloaded Tinder, Profyle, Instadate and what nots. Tried using the apps and personally, Tinder was the most user-friendly but it has a lot of ang mohs (for you girls who wanna get to know ang mohs, you know where to go now!(;)! So what I did was I just click "Like" on all the malay names that I could find and lo and behold, I "like" on Zul's profile. 

So dude started talking to me and I replied. We clicked and suddenly, we decided to meet! 

So he came to Plaza Singapura and waited for me after work one day. I was so nervous! It's been a while since I last went on a date so I really don't know how these things go anymore. Lol.

But #YOLO.

I think I looked horrible cause walking to Plaza Singapura, I got caught in the heavy rain, so when I reached, I was all wet! But it was a good first date, to me at least. We went for dinner at Pizza Hut and we just talked. It was nice. 

We went on a couple more dates after that before we made it official. Honestly, I feel like we're moving a little too fast sometimes but I feel like I've known Zul for a long time. We instantly clicked and I guess, when you know, you know?


He is so hilarious and he can make me laugh like no one else has ever made me laugh. He is really nice and romantic too. No one has ever treated me as nice as he does. I get butterflies in my stomach when he holds my hands or look at me. He looks at me all the time! And he thinks I don't notice but I do. But every time he looks at me, there's love in his eyes and I love that! It always instantly makes me melt (though I would never admit it, not to him at least!). 


I love that I can genuinely be myself with him. I can be silly, bimbotic, bitchy, whiny, etc and I know he won't judge me. I mean, I've even fell right in front of him and we could laughed it off. Yes, that's how comfortable I am with him. 


People always say "The best love is the one that makes you a better person, without changing you into someone other than yourself". And he really does! 

Even though now, I am more cautious about just falling in deep and I know that I still have a wall surrounding my heart but he is slowly breaking down those walls bit by bit.

He is so patient with me and kind and giving and always thinking about me first. He calls me every night just to say goodnight. How sweet is that?! No one has ever make me feel this loved before!


I really am.

Thank you Zul for putting a smile on my face every single day. For letting me be myself. For being so patient. For putting in the effort. For making me feel special. For loving me.


And I know ya'll are curious as to how he looks like so I'll be kind enough and post a couple of pictures of us. :-p





There you go! 

He likes to say we're "Annoying Ain" and "Lame Zul". Tsk. I am not annoying! But oh wells!~ At least, he knows he's lame! HAHAHAHAHA! 

Sometimes I wonder though.


How did I get so lucky? But I'm not gonna question all that anymore and just enjoy this, enjoy us. Cause now that I've had a taste of heaven, I ain't looking back! ;)


Insyallah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment